Orpheus is a digital sheet music software enabling you to view files YOU OWN and to interact with them in a way useful for musicians.
Your use of the App is solely at your own risk; the App is licensed, not sold to you and you may use the App only as set forth in this EULA;
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ABOVE TERMS (AS DESCRIBED IN FURTHER DETAIL BELOW) YOU MAY NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE APP.
MODIFICATION OF THE EULA. Orpheus reserves the right to modify and/or change any of the terms and conditions of this EULA at any time and without prior notice. If Orpheus materially modifies this EULA it will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the App or the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. By continuing to use the App after Orpheus has posted a modification of this EULA, you agree to be bound by the modified EULA. If the modified EULA is not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to discontinue the use of and uninstall the App. This Agreement will also govern any software upgrades and/or updates provided by Orpheus that upgrade and/or supplement the App, unless such upgrades and/or updates are accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of that separate license will apply.
Conditioned upon your compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, Orpheus hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, personal, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, non-assignable license to install and use the executable form of the App solely for your personal use on a device (whether mobile device or other) owned or controlled by you. Orpheus reserves all rights in the App not expressly granted to you in this EULA.
You may not use the App in any manner that could:
- Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the App (or any server or networks connected to the App), or
- Interfere with any third party’s use and/or enjoyment of the App (or any server or networks connected to the App).
Except as expressly specified in this EULA, you may not:
- Copy or modify the App;
- Transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the App to any third party; or
- Use the App in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this EULA.
You acknowledge and agree that portions of the App, including, without limitation, the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets of Orpheus and its licensors. Accordingly, you agree not to disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer any components of the App provided in object code or any other Orpheus products or services, in whole or in part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so, except to the extent such activities are expressly permitted by law notwithstanding this prohibition.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS.
The software, content, visual interfaces, interactive features, information, graphics, design, compilation, computer code and all other elements of the App (the “Orpheus Materials”), are protected by copyright laws of various jurisdictions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. All Orpheus Materials, including intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are the property of Orpheus or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. Orpheus reserves all rights not expressly granted in this EULA. You shall not acquire any right, title or interest to the Orpheus Materials, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, except for the limited rights set forth in this EULA.
TERM AND TERMINATION.
This EULA will remain in effect until terminated. The EULA, and your rights and licenses hereunder, will terminate immediately upon your breach of the EULA. You may terminate the EULA by uninstalling and discontinuing your use of the App.
Orpheus may terminate support of the App and/or this EULA, or limit or terminate your access to the App at any time for any reason.
- Sections entitled Reservation of Rights,
- Term and Termination,
- Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability,
- Indemnification, and
- Miscellaneous shall survive any termination of this EULA.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
THE APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Orpheus DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, QUALITY, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. Orpheus EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, VALIDITY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR FEATURES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR THE QUALITY OR CONSISTENCY OF THE SERVICE.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL Orpheus, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AND ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON, EVEN IF Orpheus HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Orpheus’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, EXCEED FIVE DOLLARS ($5).
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold Orpheus and its affiliates, developers, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensors harmless from any and all claims, suits, losses, liability, costs or expenses (including, but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising from or incurred as a result of your use of the App or any breach by you of this EULA.
- This EULA and all the policies referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between Orpheus and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and it may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Orpheus.
- The section titles in this EULA are provided solely for convenience and have no legal or contractual significance.
- This EULA shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Western Australia and where applicable Australia regardless of your country of origin or where you access the Services, and without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions or the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods;
- The failure of either party to enforce any rights granted hereunder or to take action against the other party in the event of any breach hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver by that party as to subsequent enforcement of rights or subsequent actions in the event of future breaches.
- If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of his EULA or portion thereof, to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision of this EULA shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this EULA shall continue in full force and effect.
- You may not assign your rights under this EULA to any party without Orpheus’s consent.
NOTICE REGARDING GOOGLEPLAY.
You acknowledge that this EULA is between you and Orpheus only, not with GooglePlay, and GooglePlay is not responsible for the App and the content thereof. GooglePlay has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, then you may notify GooglePlay and GooglePlay will refund the purchase price for the relevant App to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, GooglePlay has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. GooglePlay is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to:
- Product liability claims;
- Any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and
- Claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
GooglePlay is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third party claim that your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms, when using the App. GooglePlay, and GooglePlay’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this EULA, and upon your acceptance of this EULA, GooglePlay will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this EULA against you as a third party beneficiary of this EULA. You hereby represent and warrant that
- You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and
- You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. If Orpheus provides a translation of the English language version of this EULA is provided, the translation is provided solely for convenience, and the English version shall prevail.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Orpheus collects information from you when you visit Orpheus’s website; make an enquiry with Orpheus; download the App; lodge comments, enquiries or reviews; and use the App. This information includes (but is not limited to) email address.
USE OF INFORMATION.
Any of the information Orpheus collects from you may be used in one of the following ways: to personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs); to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you); to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs); to administer a survey or other site feature; to send periodic emails (the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc – note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email); and GoogleAnalytics features.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION.
Orpheus implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you use the App or Website. We offer the use of a secure server. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other party for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
TRUSTED THIRD PARTY AFFILIATIONS.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our App or website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.