Need help with Orpheus? You’re in the right place!
A recent update to the Dropbox API has meant that internet access is now required to access Dropbox charts real time – details here. This is rather an annoyance for us, and any users who gig or rehearse in places without reliable internet access.
Discovered by Mario Neundlinger, a user and fan of Orpheus (thanks Mario, you’re a rockstar!)
1) Open the Dropbox app on your device and navigate to your Dropbox folder where your sheet music is stored
2) Enable “Available Offline” for this folder (internet access is required at this point)
3) Now all charts within this Dropbox folder are stored in a cache folder somewhere secret on your device
4) Find the filepath to the cache folder on your device. This can be achieved with the help of a file manager app such as EX File Explorer. The filepath will look something like this /sdcard/Android/data/com.dropbox.android/files/name-of-your-folder
5) Back in Orpheus create a new (local) music folder in Orpheus with the cache folder filepath from (4) above
6) You’re done 😉
Once set up as above, Dropbox takes care of keeping this folder in sync. If you have any sync issues simply open the Dropbox app and “refresh” the list. This will force Dropbox to update the offline version.
A huge thank you to Mario. Legend.
Comments are for discussing this post with other visitors. For technical support please submit a request here.